We guarantee that the furniture we supply to you will be of satisfactory quality and free from manufacturing defect for the period of 1 year, provided that regular care is exercised as described in our Care Guide. Please note the does not apply to normal wear and tear, meaning dents and scratches or normal deterioration that is received by regular use. The hue of natural timber will mellow over time. Hairline cracks are likely to become apparent over time at the joints of colour painted chairs; they can be easily re-painted using the paint we offer for sale.
In these conditions “the Company” means The Kitchen Furniture Co, a trading division of Burbidge & Son Ltd, “the Customer” means the person, firm or company named on the Company’s Invoice and “the Goods” means the items to which the Company’s invoice relates.
1. No contract for the sales and purchase of the Goods shall arise following the issue of a quotation by the Company and its acceptance by the Customer until such time as the Company shall confirm acceptance of the Customer’s order on its acknowledgement of order form.
2. Goods supplied by but not manufactured by the Company are sold subject to the conditions of sale imposed by the manufacturers and the Customer shall only be entitled to such benefits as the Company may receive under any guarantee given in respect thereof.
3. The description of goods in the leaflets, catalogues or other written matter shall not constitute a contract of sale of goods by description so as to impose the relevant clauses of the Sale of Goods Act 1979.
4. All implied conditions and warranties recognised by the custom of statute as to the quality or fitness of the goods for specific purpose are hereby expressly excluded from the Company’s contract.
5. The Company accepts no responsibility for non-delivery or delayed delivery of goods due to causes beyond its control, such as fires, strikes, government control or shortages of material, and any such delay shall not entitle the Customer to rescind his contract.
6. The Company will accept no claim for shortage of goods delivered unless notice is received within 7 days of delivery.
7. All references to weights, dimensions or performances contained in catalogues, leaflets or other written matter are approximate only and shall not be taken to be an implied term of contract between the Company and the Customer.
8. The Company will in no circumstances accept liability for any consequential loss of any kind howsoever caused.
9. These conditions shall apply to all orders placed with the Company. Any stipulations or conditions in a Purchase Order Form which conflict with, qualify or negate any of these conditions shall only apply if expressly agreed in writing by the Company.
10. All prices shall be subject to increases in the event of increases in wages or raw materials and/or government regulations and/or other relevant increases which may occur before completion of any order.
13. The contract shall be constructed and operate in all respects as a contract made in England and in conformity with English Law.
14. The Company is constantly improving their product range and therefore reserve the right to amend colours, specification or products without prior notification. It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure at all times that any samples used as a reference point are representative of current production standards. Please contact Customer Services who can advise of any changes of specification.